Thursday, April 16, 2009

I haven't posted a REAL post in a long time. I think I'm mostly worried that it won't be nearly as awesome as my previous posts before I knew what I was doing as a "teenager."

Well, things are good. Teenagers are stupid. And that's how the world goes.

Recap of the past few months for the youth in my ward: "drama, drama, drama, lie, drama"... also, in my case, a spot of "gag me." But in spite of stupid drama that has occurred in the past that still annoys me, I'm happy being me. The bad part is I'm not happy with others not being me. I know, it's really bad.

I'm pretty observant, so I can kind of see what some of these kids are doing wrong, why they're doing it, and how they're justifying it. The problem is; they don't see it! I could always tell them, but the biggest problem we have is pride. They'll say "It's not me!" or "That's in the past" and "That's not it. I'm perfect." BLEGH!
Not to mention the fact that no one knows me well enough to respect my opinion.

So, when I start to get discouraged about the fact that I can't help these people I remember "Hey! I'm fifteen. I probably won't know these kids later. I can move on to less prideful people who actually want to be better people." and then I don't feel so crummy. I just be cheerful and myself, and work on my own eternal salvation. Then I wonder; "Am I leaving them to fend for themselves?" and if that's the case then they're in trouble because they're so blinded by their pride. They have no idea they're doing something wrong.
I've always had a problem with wanting to control others growth so I've decided, just now, that I'm going to back off and just be a good example that maybe they can understand later. Thanks! I'm glad we had this little chat. :]

1 comment:

Krilafis said...

I like it when you just post about what you are thinking or what is going on in your life. Being fifteen was hard for me too. I didn't have to deal with stupid teenagers as much because I was so wrapped up in taking care of you guys while Mom was trying to get back into the swing of things. But, I hear you.

I think the best part about being fifteen is getting to BE fifteen. Enjoy it. Because sooner than you think, you will be twenty two and in school, missing home, and thinking about what it was like to be a teenager.