Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm old... wait, no I'm not!

Today I realized how old I am and how old I'm not. Only a little though. I find it hard to believe that any human being fully comprehends the rate in which time passes or the way we grow. I'm a YCL this year, and all my YCL's are in college. What this means is that I'm about to be the grown up to a lot of girls. I've never been the grown up before. This is weird thought.
It is what it is. I always hated pining over the past and how things used to be; fretting over how grown up the youngest is and what not. This was only a kickstart of my life.
I would like every grown up ever to understand the way things were before [name life altering event here] is not how they were meant to stay. It is not a new life, or a new opportunity. It is not a ruining event. It is not leaving anything behind. It was always so.

No comments: