Thursday, November 15, 2007

I was trying to find a copy of the 1966 copy of the Strength of Youth pamphlet ever since I heard John Bytheway talk about it. All I found were these. Not an actual copy or any pictures.
I'm sure you've probably heard some of these from him anyway.

"Members of the church should be good dancers and not contortionists… Emphasis should be placed on smooth styling and clever footwork."

Yeah, I definitely had to look the word"contortionists" up. Basically they're saying if you're gonna dance, dance well. Otherwise it's a sin.

"A 'real lady' does not go out in public, to the market, or to the shops with her hair in curlers."

It's like... going out in public with a flat iron."

"Girls should dress to enhance their natural beauty and femininity. Clothes should be comfortable and attractive without calling attention to a person’s body…few girls or women ever look well in backless or strapless dresses. Such styles often make the figure look ungainly and large, or they show the bony structures of the body."

Basically, I look fat in strapless backless dresses. And my basketball shorts are out of the question.

"Any apparel that suggests a house robe should not be worn in public but only in one’s home or apartment."

Now I wish I had an outfit that looks like a house robe.


No comments: